PivoCubeX: how can i use tool by ado throu code in vb6

Discussion forum for PivotCubeX component. Common usage questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

PivoCubeX: how can i use tool by ado throu code in vb6

Postby Zahid Shah » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:32 pm

Dear Alex,
Today i have tried many time to set dimensions throu vb6 code but not successed, is it posible that you send me an example vb project which you define how to connect with mdb and how add dimensions and measures, this will very helpfull for me to do my project quickly.

Zahid Shah :shock:
Software Engineer
Zahid Shah

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:35 pm

See like

PCX.ConnectionString := '''

with PCX.CubeDimensions.Add do
AliasName = 'xxxxxxxxx'
DisplayName = 'xxxxxxxxx'

etc

end;

with PCX.Cubemeasures.Add do
AliasName = 'xxx'

etc

end;

PCX.CubeActive := True;
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

PivotcubeX

Postby Zahid Shah » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 am

Dear Alex,
please send me a code example for visual basic its not for visual basci,
i am too late i have used your code help from html help file but not reached to actual code.

zahid shah
Software Engineer
Zahid Shah

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:50 am

It is code for VB
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Pivotcubex with visual basic

Postby Zahid Shah » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:17 pm

Dear alex,
Thanks i have done with your example code and now i am fully ready to show demo to my client hope fully i will contact you within this month. Its amazing giving full solution for crosstabulation. Only one thing i want to discuss to you that, is it posible to add a button along with cube,chart, [Grid] as like PIVOTCUBE VSL its so important for my client becouse i have demostrate them before pivotcubeX and they need it.

I hope you will be happy.

Zahid Shah
Software Engineer
Zahid Shah

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:30 pm

I can suggest you hide all pre-defined buttons and use own toolbar - it will more sophisticated as I think. All things you may get from pre-defined buttons you may get in code calls
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube ActiveX