Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and VB.NET

Discussion forum for PivotCubeX component. Common usage questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and VB.NET

Postby hemoeco » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi, yesterday I received my licensed Activex and i'm trying to make it work on Windows 7, 64 bits, VS2010 on VB.NET..... The demo executable works but i just can see the olap cub tha comes with the demo files... if I try to see another CUB files i don't see nothing.... I thought this was because it was a demo but now i have the licensed ocx and still i don't see nothing.

I thought that it was a registering problem but i registered the ocx using regsvr32.exe with admin permissions.

Any ideas how to make it work?

Thanks
hemoeco

Re: Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010 and VB.NET

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm

If you can see demo cube that means AciveX is registered and works.

There are no any special 'demo' case.

The possible reasons may be:

You have to place lic file with application or it cannot be reached by OS (some IDE's checks lic file when your try to put ActiveX on the form in visual editor - check lic file, mayeb you may try to place it in some more folders, please refer to your IDE).

Another cause - PivotCubeX is not signed by Microsoft and that does not allows use it (you may need to check security policy settings)

You tried to load a CUBE files not from PivotCube/PivotCubeX or very old (ealier than 2008 year)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby hemoeco » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 pm

I am using olapcube.com for creating the cubes....

what software do you recomend me for creating the cubes?

Thanks
hemoeco

Postby hemoeco » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Information about the problem

I could put the ocx control on the form changing the framework to 3.5.....
ok, i can put the ocx on the form now...

last problem
I just can load your demo cube....... i create the cub files with olapcube.com and i have used this cubes succesfully with other tools but maybe i need test another tool. What tool have you tested for using with pivot?

thanks
hemoeco

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 am

hemoeco wrote:Information about the problem

I could put the ocx control on the form changing the framework to 3.5.....
ok, i can put the ocx on the form now...

last problem
I just can load your demo cube....... i create the cub files with olapcube.com and i have used this cubes succesfully with other tools but maybe i need test another tool. What tool have you tested for using with pivot?

thanks

You have to use tool you used to create cube to load it to.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube ActiveX