Custom Aggregation

Discussion forum for PivotCubeX component. Common usage questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Custom Aggregation

Postby umerqadir » Thu May 10, 2007 4:41 am

I have a time dimension having hieararchy Year-> Month->Week Of Month-> Days and I have a measure Closing Stock now the problem is that I want to define the aggregation of the measure to be that when we go up to week the aggregation is the value on last day before that week and when we go to month it is the value of the last day before the month and so on. How can I define such a custom aggregation because it is clearly not one of the predefined type of calculations as summa average etc. Help in this regard would be much appreciated
umerqadir
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 am

Hello Umer,

Probably I misunderstood what you mean, but there not aggregation question, but presentation, I think

Why not use calc measure like

Summa = _Summa[PREV_BY_ROW]

where _Summa - is hidden, base measure

it should shift all measure values for one row down (but first row may move to zero)

Also, if you would like shift only weeks and months but not years you may use event like OnGetCellValue , take value for previous row (in some cases) and put it to current row

Alex
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube ActiveX