new zCube.dll

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

new zCube.dll

Postby gumiz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:30 am

hi :)
i just downloaded new zCube.dll library and switched it with the old one in RunTime directory.
then i have registered it with regsvr32

after that my program (where i use pivot cube) hungs.
when i use procedure: PivotGrid1.ExpandAll(true, true); it stops answering.

it works fine with old zCube.dll

thx,
gumiz
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:39 am

Which version was package you work with before? If it was different version package (not latest) you may need to upgrade your package to lastest before change zCube.dll.

Latest zCube.dll will compatible with latest PivotCube VCL package only.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby gumiz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:39 am

i am using PivotCubeVCL ver. 7.3.1.63.
i think it is the latest one
gumiz
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:19 am

Pity but I cannot reproduce problem on my side. Just install pivotcubevcl.exe package, then re-register zCube.dll and run demo.exe. It will start to use new zCube.dll.

Probably you have HideEmptyRows/HideEmptyColumns = False and when you call ExpandAll it create too much empty rows/columns?
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby gumiz » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:39 am

after changing HideEmptyRows/Cols to true
it works fine :)

But its quite problem - what if i would like to show emty rows/cols :(

It have been working with old zCube.dll.

thx,
gumiz
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:14 am

In last zCube.dll you was not able to seem really empty (non-existed) rows and columns, like (Month) July for (Season)Winter. So your application not hunged but it just tried to create many empty cells.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL