Dimension values removed in PivotGrid (null values)

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Dimension values removed in PivotGrid (null values)

Postby kurgbe » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:41 am

I have a dimension representing dates from 1 January till 31 December. It is based on a specific dataset which returns the 365 dates.

If the dataset for my facts only starts on 3 rd January for a specific ware, PivotGrid will not show the 1st and 2nd January for that ware.

If the missing day is inside the year, no problem, Pivot grid show 0 for the facts in blue.

HideEmptyRows and HideEmptyColumns are of course false.

How can I make sure that ALL values of the date dimension is in the PivotGrid for all wares?
kurgbe
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:50 am

Try to play with TPivotCube.DImensions[].EmptyItems. If your dimension items are not used anywhere in facts (in cube) in most cases it will not shown (marked as empty and probably removed - it depend on property I point above)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

STILL DOES NOT WORK

Postby kurgbe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:57 pm

NO IT DOES NOT WORK.

I tried deiMarkHighLight and deiMarkDisabled
without success.

By the way is it possible to update the help to include the definition of the above constants?

Are you sure of what you said?????
kurgbe
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:39 am

Yes, I sure in what I have said. See how it works in demo app for dimension <Country & Cities> for items USA and Winnipeg. It looks like your ask. Do not forget to check <Show/Hide empty columns> in menu <Style>

PS As you can see, the support is continue. So please do not flame here.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby kurgbe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:15 am

Hello,

I did the test with DEMO.exe and I have the same problem. In fact the problem only occurs for sub-dimensiosn.

I placed the dimension Ware and Day in Rows. When I show the days for the ware "Boat towable metal dectector", day 1 and day 2, which have null values, are not shown, regardless of the state of Show/Hide Empty row/colums. See print screens below.

Any idea?

Thanks.

kurgbe
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Ok. I will check it detail. Thank you
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby kurgbe » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks Alex. It works fine now for the pivot grid. But the drop-down graph does not show 0 for the missing values (i.e. the days for missing data are not shown). The graph representation should be in-line with the representation of the grid: when missing values are included in the Grid, they should be included in the graph.

This feature is quite important when visually comparing month sales of wares via the listview.

Any idea?
kurgbe
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:03 am

yes, it just avoid 0 value to make graph more readable. You may fix the sources
Line 357,373,385 in PVChartDD_SRC
if f = 0 then
Continue;

or you may inherited from PivotGrid and override method CreateDropDownChart with your own
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby kurgbe » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:55 am

Alex,

I understand your point of view but zer0 values are sometimes important to show in a graph. Could you make this a property of the Cube? (e.g. Show0inGraph)
kurgbe
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:26 am

I will think. Right now it is not easy
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL