Error loading stettings from zcd file

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Error loading stettings from zcd file

Postby jarkol » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi
I've problem with load zcd files. When file have about 20 MB (I don't know exactly whitch size is to big) and I try to load it I got an error with VCL50.bpl and the program whitch I use crushed.
Error: Access violation at adress XXXX in module VCL50.BPL.

I don't know where is the problem, but I found that everything stops in LoadFromStream.

Sorry for my english and thanks for help.
Jarek
jarkol
User

Re: Error loading stettings from zcd file

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 am

Try to load it to precompiled PivotCube's demo. Save your data to file, rename it to cubedemo.cub/cubedemo.xml, load it to demo app, then try to load that (map) zcd file.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby jarkol » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi again
Thanks for reply.
I have tried what you wrote but Demo application doesn't work with my cube. My cube (change name to democube.cub) have 117 MB and when I use Cube->Load file demo application doesn't react. I think application doesn't load this cube.
When I open oryginal demo and my cubes in text viewer a get something like this:
oryginal demo cube: 0 C U B E D E M O @ P I V O T C U B E _ T R I A L  1 0 . 7
my cube:  O L A P  1 0 . 3
Do you have any ideas?
jarkol
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:29 pm

jarkol wrote:Hi again
Thanks for reply.
I have tried what you wrote but Demo application doesn't work with my cube. My cube (change name to democube.cub) have 117 MB and when I use Cube->Load file demo application doesn't react. I think application doesn't load this cube.
When I open oryginal demo and my cubes in text viewer a get something like this:
oryginal demo cube: 0 C U B E D E M O @ P I V O T C U B E _ T R I A L  1 0 . 7
my cube:  O L A P  1 0 . 3
Do you have any ideas?

Your cube has much lower version number, it may be incompatible with latest zCube.dll. You may look at this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=310 for details
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby jarkol » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:03 pm

I used older zCube.dll and now it works, but when I loaded my map I got "Out of memory". I tested it on two different computers with 1 GB and 2 GB RAM. Do you have any ideas?
Could you tell me, how does loading map works? When I open my maps in demo application, it load it very long and my memory use still increase.
jarkol
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 pm

The speed of loading map depends on number of items in dimensions. As user can change hierarchy in dimensions, add custom grioups, setup filters etc it force map to load and check each dimension items for its place. Also, the actually loaded cube may be diffrent from one used for map create so some items may absent in cube but present in map and vice versa. That all slowdown loading process.
If you not need in support of these abilities you may create maps with parameter SaveDimensionData = False, it will avoid items stuff and perfomance will rapidly increased.

Also, I suggest you use SaveToXML method for maps which can be used for exchange or long term keep and binary (SaveToStream/File)- only for local, fast save/load (during in single session).
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL