Using saved maps (.zcd) with different data

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Using saved maps (.zcd) with different data

Postby Siegmar Gieseler » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:42 pm

I am developing an application where the facts table will be updated every month, including the last month data. I deploy some ".zcd" maps with analysis, I do by myself, to be used by my client.

Will the ".zcd" files work with the new fact table ?

The new fact table will have the same dimensions and measures.
The only difference is the amount of records in the tables ( fact table and "star" tables ).

Some time ago I got an strange message telling the ".zcd" file was not compatible with the cube data.
Siegmar Gieseler
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:09 am

1. Yes, it will work.
2. There was a bug, which was fixed. as I remember I wrote about this bug.
3. You may save as to binary file as to xml storage.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby ccascante » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:53 pm

I have a similar problem,

When I active the cube with a new fact table the totals update with the new information. As soon as the Map is loaded the totals turn to 0 value.

I have the latest version of the activex control, that means that the bug is still
in the control.

Can some body help us??

Best regards from costa Rica.

ccascante
ccascante
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:05 pm

ccascante wrote:I have a similar problem,

When I active the cube with a new fact table the totals update with the new information. As soon as the Map is loaded the totals turn to 0 value.

I have the latest version of the activex control, that means that the bug is still
in the control.

Can some body help us??

Best regards from costa Rica.

ccascante

Hmm...
If you think it is bug, please send to us a code (data?) example so I will able to reproduce problem. Probably I will able to find it without example, but with example it will much faster. by now I cannot reproduce problem with our demo database.

2. The possible reason for similar problem also may be- when you save map you save dimension with items dim1(i1,i2,i3). When you rebuild cube, it create dimension wit items dim1(i4,i5,i6). So loaded dimension make all new items as disabled (probably)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL