Questions about installation or compilation PivotCube VCL and PivotCubeX

Installation problems

Postby BasPav » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:09 am

Dear Alex,

I encounter problems installing PivotCube VCL:

1. As a result of earlier problems I uninstalled D6 and installed D7
2. I uninstalled PivotCube VCL
3. I Re-installed PivotCube VCL (7.4.2.57) in C:\Program Files\PivotCube VCL
4. I UNregistered zCube.dll (Regsvr32 /u zCube.dll)
5. I re-registered zCube.dll
6. I installed the package (C:\Program Files\PivotCube VCL\Delphi7\Pivotcube.bpl)
7. I start a new application with some PivotCube components
8. I get compile error: [Fatal Error] File not found: 'c:\program files\pivotcube vcl\delphi7\PivotMap_SRC.pas'

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times, but no success.

Please give instructions how to install. I have a deadline, so I would very much appreciate your help.
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Set IDE Library path to directory where dcu/pas files placed (c:\program files\PivotCube VCL\Delphi7 - for standard installation)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby BasPav » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:43 am

Alex,

Sorry to bother you again, but I already did add the path without success.

1. I just ordered the software (without source), also because I feel that your excellent support should be paid for!
2. Is there an installation instruction somewhere on the forum?
3. If not, could you provide one or dedicate a section on the site for installation problems. This would make life easier for you so you don't have to answer all those stupid questions from people like me.

Kind regards,
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby BasPav » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 am

I forgot to mention:

- There is no such file (...._SRC.pas) on my system.
- What is the .bpl in the Builder6 directory?
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 am

1. Yes, if you have only standard package there will no source files except LicenseKey.pas
Path should point to directory with *.dcu's. Please check if you not have zCube_TLB.pas in $Delphi\Imports or \Servers (Delphi IDE sometimes make import of OLE servers so it may be problem). You already have zCube_TLB.dcu in package directory.
Error you get mean you have not PivotMap_SRC.dcu in search path or it should be recompiled by some reasons (you have source file in path which used by PivotMap_SRC.dcu or dcu has bad format/version)

2. You should instal pivotcube.bpl from \Delphi7; files from \Builder6 was generated by C++ Buuilder 6

3. You are right, I will create dedicated forum for installation/compilation problems / questions
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby BasPav » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:00 pm

Dear Alex, I have been tying to install in Delphi7, but nu success!

I did all you suggested. After adding the Library path (at the bottom of the list) I keep getting the message:

[Fatal Error] File not found: 'C:\Program Files\PivotCube VCL\Delphi7\PivotCube_SRC.pas'

I do not understand WHY the compiler is looking for this file.

In Delphi6 all works fine, just install the package and go

Please help because I need som D7 features in my application
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:58 am

Dear Bas,
I have made several checks on D7 system and did not met any problem, like you wrote. It even allows create application with runtime packages if required.

If you have both D6 and D7 on same system - check if there is no any fluence between settings.
You may be asked for source file only if given dcu file absent or has bad format.
Try copy files from \PivotCube VCL\D7 to \PivotCube VCL\D6 for example. It will disable D6 but you will able to check.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Compilation issues