Why is use MidasLib and not Midas.dll?

Questions about installation or compilation PivotCube VCL and PivotCubeX

Why is use MidasLib and not Midas.dll?

Postby tstoicescu » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 pm

Hello!

Why, In PivotCube VCL, is use MidasLib and not Midas.dll?

Thanks
tstoicescu

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 pm

Because distributing of midas.lib much more complex and may be under dedicated Borland license. For Delphi5 midaslib not needed at all, it use bde datasets instead of TClientDataSet
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby tdka » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:33 pm

AlexZencovich wrote:Because distributing of midas.lib much more complex and may be under dedicated Borland license. For Delphi5 midaslib not needed at all, it use bde datasets instead of TClientDataSet

I think is better to use midas.dll than midasLib.
In my case I use midas.dll from Delphi 2006 (I have Delphi 7 ) because of a bug in midas.dll in Delphi 7.
I comment out your use in midasLib because I can’t use both
tdka

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm

No problem.
If you have VCL sources you may comment corresponding line and change it to use dll version.

But I would not like distribute midas.dll with trial package or ActiveX control.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to Installation/Compilation issues