Problems distributing PivotCubeX

Discussion forum for PivotCubeX component. Common usage questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Problems distributing PivotCubeX

Postby rubenrovira » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:11 pm

I created an installation package for my app that include PivotCubeX. I included zCube.dll, PivotCubeXLib.ocx and PivotChartLib.ocx and registered them all but when my app try to use the control I got an error because it can't found the control definition.

If I run the install package of the PivotCubeX software, then the app run without problems.

I forgot to include any file ?
Can I put these files in any folder or only should be placed in Windows\System32 ?
Could you please tell me how to distribute the control ?

Regards
Ruben O. Rovira
rubenrovira

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:44 pm

1 I do not know how you register it. Is it call to regsvr32.exe? Any other way?

2 It may be placed in any directory. The Windows\System32 usually used for dll because it always included in PATH variable.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby rubenrovira » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:06 pm

I registered them manually using Regsvr32.exe

regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\zCube.dll
regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\PivotChartLib.ocx
regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\PivotCubeXLib.ocx

Should I include the file PivotCubeXLib.inf ?

I am planning to use GP-Install or InnoSetup but at the moment I am testing the install process manually.

Regards
Ruben O. Rovira
rubenrovira

Postby rubenrovira » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:07 pm

Finally I also included the files

PivotCubeXLib.inf
PivotCubeXLib.lic
PivotCube.lng

in the same folder where I placed

zCube.dll
PivotChartLib.ocx
PivotCubeXLib.ocx

and then register the controls and everything works fine :D

The question now is: What Lic file should I include ? The one that comes with the PivotCubeX package or the one you sent to me when I bought the control ?

Regards
Ruben O. Rovira
rubenrovira

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:56 pm

The inf file required for CAB installator, it say to installer which components must be installed and regitered etc.

The lic file should be with Trial info only. You cannot distribute lic file with your license - it is only your license.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby rubenrovira » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:03 pm

It works ok.
Thanks Alex!
Ruben O. Rovira
rubenrovira

Re: Problems distributing PivotCubeX

Postby jupagose » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi,,,,,

If I can not distribute ay .lic file... means my user allways must to see the trial screen ?
jupagose

Postby AlexZencovich » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm

jupagose wrote:Hi,,,,,

If I can not distribute ay .lic file... means my user allways must to see the trial screen ?

No. That limitation works only for HTML-based applications (User have to get own lic file in that case)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby jupagose » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Sorry if I dont`t understand... But how to remove that screen on my customers, if they dont have the right lic file ?
jupagose

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:19 pm

jupagose wrote:Sorry if I dont`t understand... But how to remove that screen on my customers, if they dont have the right lic file ?

You will get all isntructions after order.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube ActiveX