Creating a line chart comparing two or more periods

Discussion forum for PivotCubeX component. Common usage questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Creating a line chart comparing two or more periods

Postby ccascante » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi there,

I need to create a line chart that shows and compares the monthly sales of two or more periods (years) at once.

I tried several ways to do that with Pivot Cube by clicking the chart icon next to the totals but I only can create the char showing one period at time.

Then, to get what I need, I have to export the cube to ms-excel and create the chart.

Please click in the link below to download a 2 pages PDF file that explains better what I mean: (please accept the security certificates)

https://196.40.7.21/rmo/stats/temp/Line ... otCube.pdf

How can I create the same graphic using Pivot Cube?

Best regards from Costa Rica
ccascante
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:21 pm

You should not use drop-down charts(it is imposisble with drop-down charts - they are intended for single column only) but switch to charts panel (see on top 2 buttons - Cube and Chart)

You should set zAxis for Columns and xAxis for rows

If you strongly need to see it in drop-down chart - there are only one way - move year 2005 and 2006 to different measures (not dimensions as in your example). But it will change all other views in your cube so it may be wrong decision
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby ccascante » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks Alex, It works great, just two more things:

1. The colors of the lines or columns are the same and the legend shows the names of the columns but not the colors. I can't identify one period from the other. I think it happends also using the drop down chart option.

2. How can I print the chart? I didn't find any PrintChart Sub.

Best regars from Costa Rica
ccascante
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Hmm. I may say the charts exported as images if you have done export to HTML. There was no separated print procedures.
Probably I will add it in next build - there was never asked before.

If you have problem with embedded charts, you may use any third-party charts too.

I will place example im <Useful things> - how to work with MS Chart (come with VB)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

I'll be waiting...

Postby ccascante » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 pm

Alex;

I will apreciate if you dadicate a couple of minutes to fix the bug with the colors of the lines of the charts as I explained before and the PrintChart subs.

Also I would like to know when are you planning to publish the example of
how to work with MS Chart.

Best regards from Costa Rica
ccascante
User

Re: I'll be waiting...

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:19 pm

ccascante wrote:Also I would like to know when are you planning to publish the example of
how to work with MS Chart.

See it in <Useful things> forum
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube ActiveX