Error compiling with new version

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Error compiling with new version

Postby altink » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi Alex

First let me congratulate you for this fine job. I have seen PivotCube for some time, thougt it was right what I was lookin for and testing it a bit.

I have recently downloaded the latest PivotCube VCL Freeware and installed it (I am using Delphi 2006). When I reopened my project (compiled successfully with previous PivotCube) I had this problem.

1. Just when I open my project I receive
"Error creating form: Identifier expected on line 429"

2. I cannot open my form from this point.

3. Compiler's error message at Ctrl+F9 is:
[Pascal Fatal Error] MainDemo.pas(15): F2051 Unit PivotCube_SRC was compiled with a different version of zCube_TLB.ICube

4. Unknown appearing in the uses list are:
PivotCube_SRC, PivotGrid_SRC and PivotToolBar_SRC.

Meanwhile I have no problem running the demo unicode provided with this latest PivotCube version.
My project was completely based in the previous version's demo also. I just changed the datas and left all rest as it was
Please advise

wish you success
Altin
altink

Re: Error compiling with new version

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:46 pm

First let me congratulate you for this fine job. I have seen PivotCube for some time, thougt it was right what I was lookin for and testing it a bit.

1. Just when I open my project I receive
"Error creating form: Identifier expected on line 429"

Hmm. Usually it happened when dfm contain enum value which does not exists in installed bpl. Line 429 of MainDemo.dfm have code

Settings.PrintSettings.TrueTypeFont.Color = clWindowText

Probably it does not mean same in your project. Could you see?

3. Compiler's error message at Ctrl+F9 is:
[Pascal Fatal Error] MainDemo.pas(15): F2051 Unit PivotCube_SRC was compiled with a different version of zCube_TLB.ICube

It is mean you have zCube_TLB.dcu (or pas) somewhere in your IDE search paths, before IDE find zCube_TLB.dcu from installed package. Check IDE \Imports at first - sometimes Delphi IDE install used OLE import files autoomatically and \Imports placed before all most other library path's. Also check your project directory.

4. Unknown appearing in the uses list are:
PivotCube_SRC, PivotGrid_SRC and PivotToolBar_SRC.

??? I could not understand what you mean here. Seems like you install new version but do not uninstall old or have both at same time so some files conflict.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

thanks for reply

Postby altink » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi Alex and thanks for reply

there is no such Settings.PrintSettings.TrueTypeFont.Color = clWindowText in the whole *.dfm

also my PC comes after a clean format/install so there is no way of version mismatch. The paths are correct also.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly which version of Pivotcube I was using in my project before i took the latest one. Maybe it was too old.
Can it be because of this ?

regards
Altin
altink

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:35 am

Because I do not know which version you use, I could not say something concrtete but

MainDemo.dfm conatin line I show (if you no change it - if you change it I do not Know)

still you have a trouble with version mismatch with latest version?
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

tee710.bpl not found

Postby altink » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:45 am

hi Alex

I tried again with the latest version PivotCube Vcl 7.4.2.120. When I try to install the PivotCube.bpl package in D2006 dir, or to compile and install the PivotCube.bdsproj in the same dir, I receive the following error:

"The dynamic link library Tee710,bpl not found..." .

I checked the teeChart version which is shipped with my Delphi 2006 and it is teeChart Standart 4.04.

I checked the forums here and noticed that you say that PivotCube should work correctly with the teeChart is installed by Delphi. Indeed I have not installed any other TeeChart other then default.
Can you please advise me on this ?

thanks and regards
Altin
altink

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:38 pm

The TeeChart 7.10 is official TeeChart update for Delphi 2006 users. You may freely download if from Delphi third-party updates chapter in CodeGear site or updates page in Delphi IDE
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL