Instalation Problems

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Instalation Problems

Postby jvpgr » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:43 pm

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of pivot cube and when I tried to install it in Delphi 7 I got problems with the chart component due to the different version of tee I am using.

The cube needs by default tee70 (the one that comes with delphi) and I have tee77.

Recompiling the PivotCube.dpk with tee77 instead of tee in the required packages does not solve the problem, since it's complaining that "PVChardDD_SRC was compiled with a different version of TeeProcs. TCustomTeePanelSetView3D".

Any sugestions ?

TIA
jvpgr

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:15 pm

There only one way to avoid problem - uninstall TChart Pro for time while you work with PivotCube trial. Otherwise, Delphi embdded version control will not allow you to use PivotCube.

Even if you will able to avoid problem with package versioning , next error message will appear - 'Unit XXXX was compiled with different version of unit YYYY'

You need in TChart Pro VCL source code and PivotCube VCL source code to solve that problem.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby jvpgr » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:52 pm

I do have the tee sources and I d/led the cube in order to evaluate it in order to use it in an application I am writing.

Too bad for the cube I guess
jvpgr

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:50 pm

What is too bad? What do you not have PivotCube VCL sources for trial?
You may try PivotCube VCL without linitation with standard Delphi installation.
If you would like to use TeeChart Pro it will not work at same time with PivotCube until you not order PivotCube VCL sources like you already did for TeeChart Pro.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby jvpgr » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:46 am

Too bad is that the cube seems to be a very good product and it seems to me that it wotrhs the extra effort to make it run in any delphi instalation like other products I know (including cubes).

I guess you know better than me that are not the cube's sources (and no I don't want them for the trial, it's not logical) but the chart - cube relation sources that are needed.

Any way
jvpgr

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:29 am

jvpgr wrote:I guess you know better than me that are not the cube's sources (and no I don't want them for the trial, it's not logical) but the chart - cube relation sources that are needed.

Any way

It seems like misunderstanding. Source code related to chart give your nothing because it also related to cube(one source file use another, another - yet another etc like a chain) so you will still unable to use it with TChart togeter. Until you not get ALL PivotCube VCL sources.

There is usual workaround - uninstall TChart Pro for some time and trial with standard TChart. It will takes much less time than you already spend for this discussion.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL