EVariantTypeCastError

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

EVariantTypeCastError

Postby radiukm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Alex,

Using the Dimension Editor I've created a new item and transfered to it some single items. I saved this query (zcd file). My idea here is create a summary report.

When I try to open this query appears the message:

"Project project-name.exe raised exception class EVariantTypeCastError with message 'Could not convert variant of type (OleStr) into type (Double)'"

but this message appears only in development area, it means if I run the EXE file no message appears.

Please, how can I fix this bug ?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Moacir - Brazil
radiukm

Re: EVariantTypeCastError

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:19 pm

1. Some exceptions which Delphi IDE show to developer really handled by code and does not perform any problem - sometimes it is better to raise exception in one extra case then add a check code which will fired thousands times.

2. Pity, I cannot say you what really happens just by description you provide. Could you send me by email a screenshots with steps you did before exception appears. May be that is really bug or problem and we have to fix that
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL