Control '' has no parent window

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Control '' has no parent window

Postby martin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 am

I have bought PivotCube 7.0 with sources. I've made bpk project by myself and compiled pivotcube.bpl using Borland C++Builder 5.0. All components work fine in my C++ application with one exception:
When I click drop down arrow on a measure button I receive "Control '' has no parent window" message and the window is not displayed. I tried to debug it, and the call stack is the following:

TPVMeasureButton.BtnClick -> TMeasureCommonForm.Load -> CalcTypeCB.Items.Add

The exception occurs somwhere in TWinControl class, and it seems like the code tries to add items to "CalcTypeCB" ComboBox before the "Parent" property is assigned to this control. "Parent" is assigned in TMeasureCommonForm.FormCreate so it looks like TMeasureCommonForm.Load is called earlier than TMeasureCommonForm.FormCreate.
This problem doesn't occur on dimension buttons.

The same problem is when I click TPivotGrid.WMLButtonDown. It calls TPivotMap.ExecuteMeasureManager and stops in TMeasureCommonForm.Load
Any idea what is wrong?
martin

Re: Control '' has no parent window

Postby martin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:25 am

Problem is solved :)
Creating a bpk file I missed pvmmform.pas, therefore instead of compiling pas file I used obj file that I compiled earlier. Sorry for bothering.
martin

Re: Control '' has no parent window

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Nice. :) Anyway thank you for share that info, it may be useful for someone
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL