OracleDB

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

OracleDB

Postby BasPav » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:22 am

Alex, I have a weird problem:

I have a connection to a Oracle 10g database. I have a very simple FactQuery. When I count the records in the query I find N records. Now, when I activate the cube I find only N-1 records. The first record is NOT read into the cube.

I think this is caused by the fact that the FIRST function does not position the cursor on the first record if the we use ADO and a serverside cursor. It does work if we use a ClientSide cursor, but then performance is unacceptable for larger amounts of data. I presume the Cube.Active:=true command involves this FIRST function.

Have you any suggestions how to solve this??

Thnx, Bas van de Pavert
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Re: OracleDB

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 pm

The first - check you Oracle dataset provider for possible bug fix (I assume it is cirtical bug - you may expect first row missed in all grids etc)

2. Try to set pair
dataset.First;
datasset.Prev;

or just
dataset.Last;

then pass dataset to Build (or set Cube := Active). If dataset.Active is True PivotCube will not reopen it

3. Try to use partial build of cube - get data from DB not in full query but by portions (look at Update option in demo) - first will set by PivotCube.Active := True;, then just call PivotCube.Build several times with changed dataset query between calls.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL