how to unfreeze dimensions

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

how to unfreeze dimensions

Postby bobibp » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:02 am

Is it possible to set number of freezen dimensions in the grid. Now all dimensions which are set in the toolbar is frozen. I want to set only some of them. becouse the measures are somewhere in the left.

Thank you
bobibp
User

Re: how to unfreeze dimensions

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Sorry, I could not understand which frozen dimensions you write. Could you be more specific?
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby bobibp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 am

Hi,
When I have chosen lots of dimensions in the grid and I try to scroll right to reach the measures, the columns do not move because they are frozen (static). Is there any way only a part of the chosen dimensions in the grid to be frozen (static), because the measures are not in the visible part of the grid and cannot be reached?

Best regards
bobibp
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Please look at demo app, menu item <Custom resize>. There is 2 way to resize - all columns at one time or resize each column separately
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby bobibp » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:37 am

On the sceenshot which I sent you. I have 7 dimension in the grid. I just want 3 of them to be static and the rest of them to be movable when I'm scrolling to the right to see the measures.
bobibp
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 pm

bobibp wrote:On the sceenshot which I sent you. I have 7 dimension in the grid. I just want 3 of them to be static and the rest of them to be movable when I'm scrolling to the right to see the measures.

That is impossible, sorry.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby bobibp » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 am

:( so our solution is to make it possible by our own
bobibp
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:01 pm

It may be quite complex according to architecture. The only way I can see is just fully rewrite TPivotGrid.Paint
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL