Cell Filtering not affecting totals

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Cell Filtering not affecting totals

Postby ttgchicago » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Alex -

If you use the cell filtering options (min, max) in the Measure manager, the filtered amounts are still showing up in the row and column totals.

Do you consider this a bug? Its very confusing to the users to see the totals not match the sum of the displayed values.

Is there possibly a property Im missing which handles this?

Bob
ttgchicago
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Filtering by map cells just not recalulate totals. It just hide from grid values which does not meet filtering conditions.
It has just cosmetic effect, to remove extra rows/columns from grid which may not affect to desciotn, like in Pareto anaylysis (remove 80% rows which produced only 20% of total)

If you would like filter out some values so it will affect on totals, you may set filter to afct table records. It remove from calulations some cube data and change all calculations.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby ttgchicago » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Alex -

Should cell filtering work for views other than Value? In other words, should I be able to filter Rank where max value = 20 to show me only my top 20 columns for a dimension?
ttgchicago
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:50 am

No, cell filtering work only on absolute values
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL