Reading Grid Data

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Reading Grid Data

Postby Matt Dee » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 am

Hi Alex, I'm writing some code to extract the grid values from the cube for export to XML. If I read one of your previous posts correctly, the XML export function doesn't take the current slice into account, which is what I need to do.

I've extracted the current column and row dimensions fine, as well as the visible measures.

What I'm having trouble with are the actual grid values. If I iterate through the rows and columns (and then the measures) I get a lot of repeated column values, and the first row get repeated several times after the last row.

Is there any clean way of doing this?

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Dee
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Please see way how it export grid to TStringGrid. It is not complex and may be useful as example. After all, you may use StringGrid as intremedia.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby Matt Dee » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:38 pm

/bangs head

That was obvious, thanks Alex :-)
Matt Dee
User

Return to PivotCube VCL