Distinct is not working (Count)

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Distinct is not working (Count)

Postby DaviWall » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Hey all,

Today after long time using PivotCube, We had a need to create a count.
We tried several ways, with no luck.

We also tried to use the distinct option, and it seems not the be enabled.

Actually I believe distinct should be the answer in this case.
I also found a thread in the forum about distinct not working (it doesnt get checked when clicking on it) and Alex answered saying that he was gonna check for a possible bug. But that was the end of the thread.

was there a bug with dinstinct ? is it fixed ?

thank you in advance.
DaviWall
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Distinct works as expected. It was fixed long time ago. I just sometime may miss thread (if it gone with another threads), but I have wrote about most important fixed problems in news.

Please note - to work with distinct measure feature, you should build cube in ExtendedMode. Otherwise it disabled and you cannot turn it on.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby DaviWall » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Alex,

It worked when I ran it in ExtendedMode. perfect!

The only thing I noticed is that there is no information about using distinct only in ExtendedMode in the documentation that came with the component.

You could include this information in the documentation, that would save us some time.

Thanks for your help.
DaviWall
User

Return to PivotCube VCL