How can I work aroung with this ?

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

How can I work aroung with this ?

Postby alexhaifa » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Hello,

I have columns in my grid and my first column is the code of my product, when I click on the cell I get the value from it through the event onDataCellDblClick, but I also need the code of the product from that line, when I can get the value using PivotGrid1.Cells[0,RowIndex];

My problem is when the column code of product change its possition and
is now in other position, like 2, because the first is now my saleman, family product and product.

Is there any way to get the value from that dimension where I could have something this way:

GetValueDimensionName(nameOfMyDimension, row): String;

so this way, it doesn't matter if I change my dimension.

Thanks
alexhaifa
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 pm

You may refer to TPivotMap.RowCells[Row] : ICell
It is intrfaced object where you can get as dimension and dimension item reference for provider row number.

For columns it is not so easy because Col value in event parameter usually refer to View or measure cell, not dimension cell. So you should refer to TPivotGrid.GetCellInfo procedure which will translate Col/Row values (actually - X,Y grid cell coords) to more specific Col,Row,Measure,View coodinates
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL