Dimension Filters doesn't work on grayed items

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Dimension Filters doesn't work on grayed items

Postby c_pradelli » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:07 pm

I HideEmptyItems=False and you set a filter using dimension editor or from dimension button, grayed items (empty items) are not hide, they are shown along with the filtered value.
Is this a bug?
c_pradelli
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Empty items (dimension items which have not any related cube cell) could not be filtered.

You may change way how to handle empty items in dimension - mark it with gray, place to disabled or just delete after cube built. See and set TPivotCube.Dimensions[].EmptyItems value.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby c_pradelli » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:10 pm

>You may change way how to handle empty items in dimension - mark it
>with gray, place to disabled or just delete after cube built.

I need to have it marked with gray because I have made some custom groups that I don't want to lost when I load the cube in different periods.

But at some momment I need to filter items to see only one o two, but all empty items (about 1000) keeps visible in the grid, so I can't make a view of the items that I need.
c_pradelli
User

Postby c_pradelli » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:42 pm

Yes, that could work, I don't need HideEmptyItems=False when I set the filter, but It would be nice if can automatically set it to True when I set any filter and the back to False when I quit the filters.
I'll try your sugestion.
c_pradelli
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 am

Set TPivotMap.OnBeforeRefresh with something like

PivotMap.HideEmptyRows = True;
for i := 0 to PivotMap.Dimensions.Count - 1 do
begin
if PivotMap.Dimensions[i].FilterChanged then
begin
PivotMap.HideEmptyRows = False;
break;
end;
end;
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:48 am

Christian, I have uploaded new build with all these issues are fixed
Last edited by AlexZencovich on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby c_pradelli » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Thank you very much!
c_pradelli
User

Return to PivotCube VCL