Saving a new Hierarchy

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Saving a new Hierarchy

Postby wjsantana » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Alex,

I'm using the PivotCube Demo and i'm using a dimension Country & Cities.
When using the Dimension Editor in order to create a new Hierarchy Group (button Add Hierarchy Group), which i called "Brazil" and added a few items.
When exporting it into an XML file i've noticed that a the Brazil Hierarchy is not there.
My goal is to save a this new hierarchy and be able to retrieve it when i open the demo again. Is it a limitation of this demo?

p.s. I have bought a license yesterday, but i'm using the demo version in this example.

Thanks
Wesley
wjsantana
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Check if your have second parameter of SaveToXML routine(SaveDimensionData, default - False) as True. It will save all dimension items and groups into saved map. It produce more flexible maps but increase size of saved file
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby wjsantana » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Alex,

I don't have a second parameter. I have only parameter "RootElem: IXMLDOMElement".

My version of component is 7.4.2.61.

p.s. Exists some parameters that I obtain to recoup these Hierarchies?

tks
Wesley
wjsantana
Developer

Postby wjsantana » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Sorry Alex,
I have a second parameter, and set TRUE.
Which parameters of pvMap correspond the hierarchies?

tks
Wesley
wjsantana
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm

There are no additional parameters. I have cheked problem and that all works for my side.

Do you try that with demo app?
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby wjsantana » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi Alex,

I was using the TPivotCube.SaveToXML method, for this reason the hierarchies I was not salutes. As its tip, I used the TPivotMap.SaveToXML method and functioned perfectly.

Plus a doubt, the properties that I must use to save the hierarchies (Plus a doubt, the properties that I must use to save the hierarchies (without the use of the TPivotMap.SaveToXML method) are only ParentField and KeyFields?

I thank the attention.
Wesley
wjsantana
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 pm

wjsantana wrote:Plus a doubt, the properties that I must use to save the hierarchies (Plus a doubt, the properties that I must use to save the hierarchies (without the use of the TPivotMap.SaveToXML method) are only ParentField and KeyFields?

Sorry please, I cannot understand what you mean? Do you want save custom hierarchies without TPivotMap.Savexxx methods? This is not a problem you just should save group caption and array of keyfield's which will placed in that group. When you will add new group it will create new Key value for group anyway, so you not need to keep it.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby wjsantana » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:02 pm

Sorry Alex,

The method PivotMap.SaveToXML functions perfectly.
I deceived myself in the call of the methods PivotMap.SaveToXML and TPivotCube.SaveToXML :( ok??

Tks
Wesley
wjsantana
Developer

Re: Saving a new Hierarchy

Postby dophin » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Hello, Alex
Hello, Wesley

wjsantana wrote:Hi Alex,

I'm using the PivotCube Demo and i'm using a dimension Country & Cities.
When using the Dimension Editor in order to create a new Hierarchy Group (button Add Hierarchy Group), which i called "Brazil" and added a few items.
Thanks
Wesley

I beg your pardon for a possibly silly question :

Could you please tell me where is the button Add Hierarchy
Group mentioned above ?

How do you add hierarchy groups ?

TIA

Jseph Osende
dophin
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:08 am

When you open DImnesion editor you may find button with image like windows folder and sign '+'
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby dophin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:06 am

Thank you very much
Best regards

Joseph Osende
dophin
Developer

Return to PivotCube VCL