Errormessages when dragging dimensions

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Errormessages when dragging dimensions

Postby BasPav » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Dear Alex,

After upgrading to 7.4.2.57 I keep getting error messages when dropping dimensions on one of the toolbars.
"Access violation at address 400058EA in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of address FFFFFFD0"
Sometimes the addresses are different though.

I did some testing with a very basic application and this error remains. I don't think there is an error in my code because there is virtually no code in this test application.

If you need this app. please mail me.
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Hello,

1. Is it regular problem or it happened randomly? If regular please, describe detail steps to reproduce error.
2. Could you get that error with demo app from package?

3. Yes, if you can, please send to me app example so I will able to check error.
I have tried to check but no error happened on my PC
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby BasPav » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. First of all I'm very pleased with your product!! Most people are amazed with the ease of use and the possibilities.

Since I'm working from two locations I cannot answer all your questions right now, I'll sned you the details tomorrow.

1. Yes, it is a regular occurring problem. But, when I've dropped and removed a dimension a couple of times, the error disappears.

2. I'll check tomorrow. The demo.exe works fine, but that is compiled under D7. I'm using D6

3. I'll send you a ZIP tomorrow.
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby BasPav » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:42 am

Goodmorning Alex,

I just sent you an e-mail with details.

Re-compiling the demo gives the same errors! Possibly my Delphi6 installation is corrupt
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:14 am

Hello,
Your installation is ok. There is actual problem with Delphi6..not in PivotCube but there is problem with Delphi6 drag-n-drop realization and algorithm used in PivotCube. In newest Delphi's drag-n-drop work in different way so it does not produce error (or it became very rare)

I think I will find workaround and upload a fix in few days. By now we can see and reproduce problem (AV) in Delphi 6 RTL
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby BasPav » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:21 pm

Thanks, I will wait for your workaround
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:28 pm

Fixed package uploaded
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby BasPav » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Alex,

Again I'm impressed with the lightning speed of your service!!

Thanks
Bas van de Pavert
BasPav
Developer

Return to PivotCube VCL