Getting version information in application

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Getting version information in application

Postby sn00py » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:59 am

hi, i would like to show the version and build of the PivotGrid, in my application

Is there anywhere a function for extraction the versionsnumber?

regards
snoopy
sn00py
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:53 am

Hi,

PivotCube.bpl has correct version and build number inside. I think you may access it via corresponding Resource access functions.

Sorry, I cannot provide code example for this - but this is not related to PivotCube but to Windows(Delphi?) API functions

You may also check version of zCube.dll interface via access to correpsonding global variables (see zCube_TLB.pas)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby sn00py » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:26 am

i dont' use the dll, and don't usea bpl, i compile the source direct into my application.

Do you have somewhere a versionsinfo const or string inside yout units?

i know it's not direct related to pivotcube, but it would be easier for me, if i can read the versionsinformation out of one of your units, in other way, i has to include it everytime i upgrade pivotcube to a new version

regards
snoopy
sn00py
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:49 am

Even if you do not use dll or bpl, you still use resources. Version information still stored in pivotcube.res file which bundled into your application (if accessible on IDE paths I think)
I do not keep version information in units except zCube.dll interface version (which stored in zCube_TLB.pas and used even in nonDLL package)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL