How to save the Settings of PivotChart?

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

How to save the Settings of PivotChart?

Postby Nadya » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:44 am

In your program CubeDemo there are posibilities to save as much xml files of PivotMap as a customer needs. But every time when a customer open an exists xml file the settings of Pivotchart are the same (Series line, xAxis,zAxis, Column Deep level, Row Deep level, Measures, Max Series). How to make the situation to save the values of these settings for each saved xml file? I mean when a customer will open the programm and will choose which xml file he(she) needs to work with, at the same time the settings of PivotChart should be loaded as well from the previous time what a customer made.
Sorry for my english. If I explained not understandable then please dont ignore my question, just let me know and I will explain in Russian. :)
Thanks.
Nadya

Postby AlexZencovich » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:06 am

Yes, when you save slice data to xml (or binary) via TPivotMap.Savexxxx methods you cannot save/restore grid and chart settings because there are may be several charts ro grid and application used to save may have different counts of these objects than application used to load.

You may do that in your own way - as additional branch of XML storage you have used for save map or an additional stream (for example) etc. Just do not forget call RefreshData after you have restored saved property values for grid or chart.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL