Editing rows

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Editing rows

Postby alexhaifa » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:04 am

Hello,

I have a store procedure in MS SQL that insert rows in a table (fact table), for each row I have 3 fields where I must edit, well, I created a cube to display all information, below my cube I have a grid with this 3 fields that correspond to each row. When I navigate through the rows, my grid doesn't change its appoint. Both are connected to the same dataset. My questions are:

1) When I run the cube, does it disconnect from my dataset?
2) Is There any way to link my grid to each row changed? like:
if I go to the 3 row I want to set the grid point to the 3 row too.

alexhaifa
User

Re: Editing rows

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:17 am

alexhaifa wrote:Hello,

I have a store procedure in MS SQL that insert rows in a table (fact table), for each row I have 3 fields where I must edit, well, I created a cube to display all information, below my cube I have a grid with this 3 fields that correspond to each row. When I navigate through the rows, my grid doesn't change its appoint. Both are connected to the same dataset. My questions are:

1) When I run the cube, does it disconnect from my dataset?
2) Is There any way to link my grid to each row changed? like:
if I go to the 3 row I want to set the grid point to the 3 row too.

1. Yes, after cube built, dataset is disconnected, so you may work with cube without database connection
2. Please see demo app for example how to work with detail dataset - probably it will help you. anyway you should perform even handler which will operate with dataset connected to dbgrid (detail grid)
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby alexhaifa » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:00 pm

In my table an ID for each row, when I will be navigate in cube I would like to set my dbgrid through this ID. How could it be if I will not display the ID in the cube?

What I understood is that I need to get information that is the cell and set my secound query. But I will not display the ID in cube, so?
alexhaifa
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:32 pm

Yes, you have not ID, but you have dimensions and each dimension item has Key. Combination of keys for row and column dimension may be used to get record (set of records) which was used to aggregate PivotGrid cell value.
You should remember - each PivotGrid cell may be rsult of aggreagtion for several rows in facttable. So you should operate with set or facttable records. In partial case it may be only one record.
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL