Context filtering

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Context filtering

Postby gumiz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi,

Example:
u have 2 dimensions in a PivotMap: YEAR, MONTH,

2005:
-january,
-fabruary,
-march,
2006:
-january,
-february,
-march,

it is quite easty to filter a month:
PivotMap1.Dimensions[index].Items[i].State property
but it will filter all months in the cube - hiding 1 month (february) will hide this month in all visible years:

2005:
-january,
-march,
2006:
-january,
-march,

What if i would like to hide 1 month but only in year 2005:

2005:
-january,
-march,
2006:
-january,
-february,
-march,
In my real example it is not years and months, I have some rows in a Fact table with are unique, but some of the dimension values have the same names. I mean is it possible to filter by fact row values, or map row values or something like this?

if the example isn't too good i wil send another one.
thx,
gumiz
User

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:50 pm

In your example it is possible to create dimension like month by year (Jan 2006,Feb2006...Jan2007 etc) and set filters by that dimension.
But, in common case it is impossible to create complex, conditional clause to setup filters.
Change of base facttable SQL and refresh all cube data seems like only one solution in that case. At least for current version of PivotCube
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Postby gumiz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:15 pm

thx for answering,

it is impossible for me to reload my cube, because it takes too much time :(

i was hoping there is a simple way of such context filtering than creating new dimensions like Year+Month and displaing only Month values.
but i think it will do,
thx again,
gumiz
User

Return to PivotCube VCL