Dimensions Count

Discussion forum for PivotCube VCL users. Common questions. Bug and problem reports

Moderator: Alex Zencovich

Dimensions Count

Postby anaves » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:15 pm

In a sales analyses project I have sales, customers, products and sales dates. Of course I have more then one sale for each customer.
In a measure, if I count the sales ou count the customers the returned value is always the number of sales, I think cube returns alway the number of facts.
I can see how many customes I have ( in Dimensions Editos, Items count ).
But if I filter some sales dates ( for instance ) I don't know how many clients I had in that date.
Well, in fact I've been problems of how to count dimensions.
I've read something like distinct clause ( like in databases ) but couln't find it in PVCube.
Best regards.
anaves
Developer

Postby AlexZencovich » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:43 pm

Actually, until you place dimension on rows or columns (include in slice, map etc) you cannot get that info because it will not cunculated until unused.
But if dimension has used in slice, you may get number of cells generated for this dimension (actual number of dimension items, used in slice with all filters)
See TPivotMap.ROwCellsCount (ColumCellsCount) or scroll over all RowCells[Index] with Visible = True
Best regards,

Alex Zencovich
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.pivotcube.com - OLAP solution for Delphi, C++ Builder and ActiveX environment
AlexZencovich
Site Admin

Return to PivotCube VCL